Wednesday, March 09, 2005

You gotta play the game...

I made a pretty big mistake in finding out about Sony's flash new line of flash players and still not selling. This was about 9:00 AM on Tuesday morning, me having gotten about 3 hours of sleep the day before. AAPL was trading a dollar lower than the previous day in extended-hours trading. Fast forward one day, AAPL is down 3-4 dollars a share. Well, it's not the end of the world.

The other big mistake is overestimating the value of "the webcast" that was aired yesterday and not today as I had expected. Probably the combination of none-too interesting news, combined with the flash announcement lifted any pressure to boost the stock price.

I'm not worried that the price will go back up, just that I didn't capitalize from this significant dip that could have netted more shares. And I really like Sony's players, too. Shoud've stayed out, but now that I'm back in the game... AHHHH this is disastrous. It's like Apple's price dropped 14 dollars had it not split (remember the whole naptersnapster announcement). END DISORGANIZED RANTING.

No comments: